A few articles, interviews and publications below – hope you enjoy! And please follow me on Twitter.
Recent news and mentions:
- Mar 2023 – This Jersey girl is saving the planet, one tube of mascara at a time
- Jan 2023 – Annals of Entrepreneurship Education and Pedagogy – 2023 – Model University Entrepreneurship Programs
- Aug 2022 – Bringing Entrepreneurship to Nursing – podcast
- Aug 2022 – Communication Matters podcast on VoiceAmerica
- Mar 2022 – Being the Entrepreneur of Your Life
- Nov 2021 – Startup Fest 2021: A Win for the Entrepreneurial Community
- Nov 2021 – Pandemic Learnings Inform Hybrid Model for 2021 Startup Fest
- Aug 2021 – Drexel Faculty Strengthens Partnerships in Chile
- July 2021 – Supporting Entrepreneurs podcast
- Feb 2021 – B Smart Program to Support Businesses Owned by Women of Color
- Nov 2020 – How Saxbys Trains Future Business Leaders
- Nov 2020 – How Entrepreneur Nicole Marquis of HipCityVedge Navigates the Pandemic
- Aug 2020 – USASBE membership spotlight
- May 2020 – Philly’s 100 RealLIST Connectors
- May 2020 – The Impact of Universities on Growing Startup Ecosystems (podcast)
- Jan 2020 – SoftBank Quietly Invested $750 Million in Delivery Startup GoPuff Last Summer
- Jan 2019 – Fast Company: 7 Ways to Test if Your Idea is Bad
- Jan 2019 – What to Look for in a Top Entrepreneurship Program
- Nov 2018 – In the wake of CloudMine’s bankruptcy, what comes next?
- May 2018 – Student-created App takes the Hassle out of Ordering at Food Trucks
- May 2018 – Philly Launches One Million Cups to Educate, Connect Local Entrepreneurs
- Jan 2018 – How entrepreneurs can set and keep strategic goals in 2018
- Dec 2017 – Philly Tech’s Most Memorable Moments of 2017
- Oct 2017 – Behind the Numbers: Why Greater Philadelphia Ranked 24th for Entrepreneurship Growth
- Sep 2017 – Dear Amazon: Here are 25+ Really Good Reasons for You to Come to Philly
- Jan 2017 – What Monetate’s Move to NYC Means for the Philadelphia Region
- Dec 2016 – New $6M Seed Fund Launched
- Nov 2016 – Drexel Startup Day 2016
- Aug 2016 – From Philadelphia to Shanghai
- Aug 2016 – Entrepreneurial Insight from Business Innovation Experts
- May 2016 – Congressional Panel on Startup Funding
- May 2016 – Drexel University Co-op Faculty of the Year Award
- April 2016 – Comcast Business Announces Regional Winners in Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs Competition
- Jan 2016 – Meet These 7 Philadelphia Innovation Leaders
- Wall Street Journal – You Want to Start a Business? First, Ask Yourself These Questions (WSJ)
- Inc. Magazine – The Best Small Cities in the U.S. to Launch a Startup
- Forbes.com – Top 10 Reasons Why Universities Need Entrepreneurs-In-Residence
- Fortune Magazine (from Feb 2012 print edition)- 5 Ways to Escape Middle Management Hell
- Wallet Hub – 2016’s Best and Worst Small Cities to Launch a Business
- Tech Republic – Drexel University launches the first stand-alone school of entrepreneurship
- Technical.ly Philly articles list – http://technical.ly/person/chuck-sacco
- Learn here and here about how Philly-area universities are working together.
- StartupPHL grant award news on the regional university student competition here and here with the final CollegePitchPhilly event recapped at Phillymag.com and here.
- Other recent quotes in Philly.com and Drexel Triangle.
Videos and podcasts:
- Podcast interview from Select Greater Philadelphia interview series “Growing Greater Philadelphia” – April 2018
- Video interview from Startup Grind in March 2016 (sound gets better after about 30 secs).
- Video – Why every entrepreneur needs a mentor.
- Podcast (at 15:14) from my friends at the ExCite Center covering the Close School and other entrepreneurship topics.
Published Articles and Writings
- “Founderitis – the Silent Killer of Startups”, Entrepreneur and Innovation Exchange
- “Why Do Startups Succeed or Fail: Teams, Ideas or Execution?”, Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange
- Foreword author for “Everyone’s in Sales – Stop Apologizing”
- “Essential Rules for New Business Planning” – Comcast Business Community
- “The Decade of Mobile: The Hope and Hype”, Philly Ad Club
- “Mobile Site vs. Mobile App – What You Need to Know”, Brolik Interactive
- “Taking Mobile Local”, Doing Business in Philly